Abstract Submission Flow
Instruction of abstract submission
Nobuyuki Kanematsu, Ph.D.
President of the 121st JSMP Meeting
I would like to express our gratitude for submitting your abstract to the 121st Scientific Meeting of the Japan Society of Medical Physics (JSMP121). The essential four steps that you must follow from abstract submission to your presentation at the meeting are shown as follows.
- Abstract Submission
- Extended abstract Submission
- CyPos Registration
- Presentation Slides Registration
All steps above can be done on this web site. Deadlines for each step are as follows.
|１．Abstract Submission||２．Extended abstract Submission||３．CyPos Registration||４．Presentation Slides Registration||５．The Day of Presentation|
|Sep 23 –|
10:00 (Japan time)
|Dec 4,2020 –|
|Feb 5 –|
Mar 5, 2021
※For overseas presenter: Feb 5, 2021 – Feb 26, 2021
|Mar 12 –|
|Please come to presentation room directly.|
- In the case that Extended abstract submission, CyPos registration and presentation slides registration are not completed before the above deadline, the presentation will be canceled.
- Replacing or modification of presentation slides at a presentation room will not be available. One must check presentation slides carefully before registration.
Call for Abstract
Those who wish to present a paper must submit an abstract and author information to the online registration system. Please submit according to the following instructions.
1. Qualification Requirements
- Presenting author must have a JSMP, AFOMP (Asia-Oceania Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics) or IOMP (International Organization for Medical Physics) membership.
- If you are not a JSMP member yet, please apply through ”https://www.jsmp.org/en/en-nyukai“ immediately.
- If you have AFOMP membership and your abstract submission is accepted, you will be treated as an invited speaker, and your registration fee will be waived.
- Presenting author needs consideration to bioethics and protection of personal information.
2. Period for Abstract Submission
September 23(Wed),2020 – 10:00 (Japan time),October 30(Fri),2020
3. Presentation type
Foreigner’s presentation will be basically categorized in “JSRT-JSMP International Session”, which is collaborative session with Japanese Society of Radiological Technology. Title、Abstract、Names of authors and co-authors and Affiliation will be also published at the proceedings of the 77th JSRT meeting. Duration of an oral presentation will be 10 min including 3 min for discussion.
4. Submission Instructions
Due to the system specification, the number of co-authors is limited to ten at maximum. If the number exceeds ten, please describe full member names only in abstract/extended abstract.
Title of abstract should be less than 20 words in English.
Body of abstract should be less than 320 words in English.
Firstly, please prepare the abstract text by using word-processing software such as Microsoft Word. And please be sure to copy and paste to the registration form after confirming that it is less than the limit character count.
Diagnostic Imaging (X-ray)
Radiation Therapy (photon/electron)
Radiation Therapy (heavy particle)
Radiation Therapy (brachytherapy)
5. Questionnaire about research ethics
Regarding the ethical approval of the subject to be submitted : Details Research presenters at JSMP121 shall comply with the basic principles of the following ethical considerations. For this reason, all presenters will be asked to correctly answer [Questions concerning ethical approval] at the time of filling an application for presentation.
- Considerations given to the protection of human rights
- Considerations given to the respect for personal dignity and free will
- Protection of personal information
- Considerations given to research contents and appropriateness and rationality of procedures
- Considerations given to disadvantages and dangers due to the implementation of research
- Considerations given to animal protection
Applicants for presentation will be requested to comply with the “Detailed Rules of Ethics ” of JSMP121, and conform to the “Ethical Guidelines for Medical and Health Research Involving Human Subjects” and the “Fundamental Guidelines for Proper Conduct of Animal Experiment and Related Activities in Academic Research Institutions”
Questions about ethical approval
- Question (A) (Required)
Did your research require ethical approval?
□(If you used the clinical images from open database, please check this box also. )
- Yes (Go to Question (B) (Required))
- Question (B)
Did you conduct your research in accordance with the research design that had been examined and approved by the Research Ethics Committee (REC) or the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) of the concerned institution?
- The research was conducted in accordance with the research design that had been examined and approved by IRB
- Since there is no IRB or animal experiment committee at the institution, the research was approved by the director or a person with equivalent role.
6. Disclosure of Conflict of Interest (COI)
All authors are required to disclose any conflicts of interest prior to the submission of any papers in the subject matter of which any company, public agency, or organization has a financial interest. A “Declaration on Conflict of Interest” must be shown in your second slide for both of the CyPos and presentation.
7. Notification of acceptance
The presenting author will receive the notification of acceptance by e-mail by the beginning of December, 2020.
8.Proceedings (Extended abstract)
For the proceedings of the JSMP121, your manuscript must be uploadedDecember 4 (Fri),2020 – January 7 (Thu),2021 when your paper would be accepted.
All presenters must upload a PowerPoint file for the electronic poster system (CyPos) February 5(Mon),2021; noon,(UTC+9) – February 26 (Fri),2021; noon,(UTC+9).
Note: A “Declaration on Conflict of Interest” must be shown in your second slide for both of the CyPos and presentation.
10. Presentation slides
All presenters of International Sessions must upload a PowerPoint file for a presentation March 12 (Fri) – April 9 (Fri), 2021.
11. President’s Awards
President’s awards will be given to selected papers of high quality presented in English from International Session. There is no travel award for AFOMP member from abroad for this year due to Covid-19 outbreak. In addition, International Student Speaker Recognition will be issued to students presented in IS.
Abstract Submission Period
September 23(Wed) – 10:00(Japan time) ,October 30, 2020(Fri)
Abstract submission has been closed.
Result of Selected Themes
Thank you for applying to the 121st Scientific Meeting of Japan Society of Medical Physics. The International (IS)/general (O) session has been selected as follows: