Abstract Submission Flow
Instruction of abstract submission
Teiji Nishio, Ph.D.
President of the 123rd JSMP Meeting
I would like to express our gratitude for submitting your abstract to the 123rd Scientific Meeting of the Japan Society of Medical Physics (JSMP123). The essential four steps that you must follow from abstract submission to your presentation at the meeting are shown as follows.
- Abstract Submission
- Extended abstract Submission
- CyPos Registration
- Presentation Slides Registration
All steps above can be done on this web site. Deadlines for each step are as follows.
|１．Abstract Submission||２．Extended abstract Submission||３．CyPos Registration||４．Presentation Slides Registration|
|September 13 (Mon) 10:00 – |
October 21 (Thu) 24:00
|Early Dec, 2021 –|
Early Jan, 2022
|Early Feb, 2022 –|
Early Mar, 2022
|Early Mar, 2022 –|
Apr 13, 2022
- In the case that Extended abstract submission, CyPos registration and presentation slides registration are not completed before the above deadline, the presentation will be canceled.
- Replacing or modification of presentation slides at a presentation room will not be available. One must check presentation slides carefully before finalizing registration.
Call for Abstract
Those who wish to present a paper must submit an abstract and author information to the online registration system. Please submit according to the following instructions.
1. Qualification Requirements
- Presenting author must have a JSMP, AFOMP (Asia-Oceania Federation of Organizations for Medical Physics) or IOMP (International Organization for Medical Physics) membership.
- If you are not a JSMP member yet, please apply through ”https://www.jsmp.org/en/en-nyukai“
as soon as possible.
- Presenting author needs consideration to bioethics and protection of personal information.
2. Period for Abstract Submission
September 13 (Mon) 10:00 – October 21 (Thu) 24:00 (Japan time)
3. Presentation type
Foreigner’s presentation will be basically categorized in “JSRT-JSMP International Session”, which is collaborative session with Japanese Society of Radiological Technology. Title, Abstract, Names of authors and co-authors and Affiliation will be also published at the proceedings of the 78th JSRT meeting. Duration of an oral presentation will be 15 min including 5 min for discussion.
4. Submission Instructions
Due to the system specification, the number of co-authors is limited to ten at maximum. If the number exceeds ten, please describe full member names only in abstract/extended abstract.
Title of abstract should be less than 20 words in English.
Body of abstract should be less than 320 words in English.
The abstract will be used for the acceptance/rejection of your submission. Concisely summarize your objective, methods, results, discussions, and conclusions within 320 words. Please make sure that the abstract is within the limited number of word counts before registering. Insertion of figures nor tables is not allowed in the abstract.
- a：Diagnostic Imaging
- b：Magnetic Resonance
- c：Diagnostic Imaging
- d：Radiation Therapy
- e：Radiation Therapy
- f：Radiation Therapy
- g：Radiation Measurement
- h：Radiation Protection
- i：Nuclear Medicine
- j：Image Informatics
- k：Medical Information
5. Questionnaire about research ethics
Regarding the ethical approval of the subject to be submitted : Details Research presenters at JSMP123 shall comply with the basic principles of the following ethical considerations. For this reason, all presenters will be asked to correctly answer [Questions concerning ethical approval] at the time of filling an application for presentation.
- Considerations given to the protection of human rights
- Considerations given to the respect for personal dignity and free will
- Protection of personal information
- Considerations given to research contents and appropriateness and rationality of procedures
- Considerations given to disadvantages and dangers due to the implementation of research
- Considerations given to animal protection
Applicants for presentation will be requested to comply with the “Detailed Rules of Ethics ” of JSMP123, and conform to the “Ethical Guidelines for Medical and Health Research Involving Human Subjects” and the “Fundamental Guidelines for Proper Conduct of Animal Experiment and Related Activities in Academic Research Institutions”
Questions about ethical approval
- Question (A) (Required)
Did your research require ethical approval?
□(If you used the clinical images from open database, please check this box also. )
- Yes (Go to Question (B) (Required))
- Question (B)
Did you conduct your research in accordance with the research design that had been examined and approved by the Research Ethics Committee (REC) or the Institutional Animal Care and Use Committee (IACUC) of the concerned institution?
- The research was conducted in accordance with the research design that had been examined and approved by IRB
- Since there is no IRB or animal experiment committee at the institution, the research was approved by the director or a person with equivalent role.
- Not approved (If you select this option, you will not be able to submit an abstract.)
6. Disclosure of Conflict of Interest (COI)
All authors are required to disclose any conflicts of interest prior to the submission of any papers in the subject matter of which any company, public agency, or organization has a financial interest. A “Declaration on Conflict of Interest” must be shown in your second slide for both of the CyPos and presentation.
7. Notification of acceptance
The presenting author will receive the notification of acceptance by e-mail by the beginning of December, 2021.
8.Proceedings (Extended abstract)
For the proceedings of the JSMP123, your manuscript must be uploaded Early December 2021 – Early January 2022 when your paper would be accepted.
All presenters must upload a PowerPoint file for the electronic poster system (CyPos) Early February – Late February 2022.
Note: A “Declaration on Conflict of Interest” must be shown in your second slide for both of the CyPos and presentation.
10. Presentation slides
All presenters of International Sessions must upload a PowerPoint file for a presentation Early March – April 13 (Wed), 2022.
11. President’s Awards
President’s awards will be given to selected papers of high quality presented in English from International Session. There is no travel award for AFOMP member from abroad for this year due to Covid-19 outbreak. In addition, International Student Speaker Recognition will be issued to students presented in IS.
Abstract Submission Period
September 13 (Mon) 10:00 – October 21 (Thu) 24:00 (Japan time)
Japanese attendee must submit your abstract at the Japanese registration site. If you are Japanese, do not submit your abstract in the English site. (Go to the Japanese site.)
Cryptographic communication (recommended)
(Register here only if encrypted communication is not available)
Result of Selected Themes
To be announced after congress finished.